"for God sent me before you to preserve life"

"And now do not be distressed, or angry with yourselves, because you sold me here; for God sent me before you to preserve life."  - Genesis 45:5

I think I just discovered my mission related to this journey through infertility. How many babies are destroyed each day on a mother's search to create life?  As a pro-life Christian, for the longest time I thought many fertility technologies were not available to me.   What I have discovered though in discussions with my spouse and in research is that there are options available in which life can be preserved.  Eggs and sperm can be frozen separately.  Embryos that look a little off (given a low grade) can still be placed in the womb, and surprisingly may even grow into a healthy baby. There are doctors in this country who are committed to making life, not destroying it.

So, on this Easter Sunday as I read the 45th chapter of Genesis and hear Joseph explain how he has reconciled the difficulties of his life as a means to save many lives, I wonder if I have been given a similar mission.  With a name that means "resurrection" am I called to resurrect life? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palm Sunday School Lesson for Teenagers

Question: Multi-generational ministry

They touched Jesus, but then, how did they pray?