Billy Graham's "Nearing Home" Group Discussion Guide - Chapter 1
Chapter 1 - "Running Toward Home"
1. What did Billy Graham say in this chapter?
2. How is the life you have lived different than the life you had planned? (Billy Graham's baseball story)
3. When Billy talks about "remembrance" on pages 4 and 5, what does he say we are to remember?
4. Billy shares several Biblical stories of ordinary men and women in their old age acting with great faith. He then says (p. 14), "old age may have its limitations and challenges, but in spite of them our later years can be the most rewarding and fulfilling of our lives. It was for them, and it can be for us." What was your reaction to these biblical examples and this statement by Billy?
5. Is there a message in this chapter for us at this church?