Everyone is pregnant!
So this blog is a blog of personal bewilderment. Everyone is pregnant! Yes, indeed they are. Let's see:
- Of my two best female friends - one is already a mother & the other found out this spring that she is carrying a little one in her womb. I'm so glad that she was the first person to tell me that she was pregnant.
- Then there is our couple's small group leaders - they are expecting their first.
- Next up, is my closest guy friend from seminary - his wife is expecting.
- Then my best guy friend from middle school through high school - his wife is expecting.
- Then there is one of my closest clergy friends - she is expecting. In fact she told me she was pregnant when I called her to confirm that she wasn't. Everyone else was expecting - so why shouldn't she?
- Then there is one of the women from seminary who was my theology partner. She recently announced that she is expecting.
- My roommate from college called to tell me she is pregnant.
- And today I received a phone call from another very close friend - in fact I considered her my closest friend in middle school. She is expecting.
I would think that I just have a pregnancy radar on high sensitivity scale, but these are all people who are very close to me. I'm not overly aware - this is a reality!