Another book completed

My Bridges of HopeMy Bridges of Hope by Livia Bitton-Jackson

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was an enjoyable autobiography that was quite easy to read. It is written in a style that would appeal to a teenager, while carrying the sophistication of a wise college professor.



This is the story of a young Slovak girl in the years following her and her mother's liberation from Auschwitz. The reader becomes a witness to Elli's development from a 14-year-old to a very talented young woman. The story gives the reader insight into the challenges of life as a refugee and an immigrant.



I was surprised by how learning more about Elli's story made me want to better understand the stories of "illegal" residents in the United States today.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palm Sunday School Lesson for Teenagers

They touched Jesus, but then, how did they pray?

Question: Multi-generational ministry