Is the way the church uses time sending the wrong message?

Wow! I came across this great statement today in a book I am reading about pastoral vocational clarity. I thought I would share it here - I think it is quite prophetic!

"A pastor who is calling laity from their busy lives to committee meetings,
workshops, house cleanings, and work sessions more often than to prayer and
worship is serving the present confusion about the true nature and identity of
God's ecclesia in the world.

More times of prayer, study, and meditation; expanded opportunities of
worship; and calling the faithful into sacred space for sacred time in sacred
togetherness will help lead the church into its true vocation."

- Victor L. Hunter in "Desert Hearts and Healing Fountains: Gaining Pastoral Vocational Clarity." p. 41

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palm Sunday School Lesson for Teenagers

They touched Jesus, but then, how did they pray?

Question: Multi-generational ministry