Let me see again.

"What are my blind spots?"... What are my blind spots?

What are they?

The advantage of the person who is physically blind is that they and everyone around them is aware of their blindness. But spiritual blindness? Perhaps everyone around me is aware of my blind spots, but am I?

Yesterday I was reading from the book of Hebrews and I noted the style of writing and how it sounded like my peers who overly speak Christianise. Maybe, we are supposed to speak Christianise... Maybe this language is supposed to come out strong...

In our small group, the leader has that goofy, smiley young conservative Christian look on his face and words like "Lord," and "brother," and "humility" come flowing freestyle from his lips. It makes me uncomfortable.

I excuse my uncomfortableness by considering myself a more mature Christian and having a better understanding of how to be a witness to the world,... but perhaps he is right and I am the one who is immature, self-conscious, unaware as to what it truly means to live, walk, and talk the Christian life.

I think I use to talk that way and then I thought I had discovered that my witness was best when I was more quiet and subtle in my witness. I was too loud, and if I softened my witness to some degree, although I would still be loud, I wouldn't be as offensive.

I know the gospel is offensive and it should be, but I didn't want it to be me that drove people away..., but perhaps instead of driving people away, I am no longer attracting people to my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Ahhh, how precious are those words, "My Savior, Jesus Christ." A choice morsel in the mouth. Savor them for a moment. "My Savior, Jesus Christ."

So, what is my blind spot? Where is it that I am blind and can not see? Where do I need to cry out to Jesus saying, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" Pleading louder, "Son of David, have mercy on me!"

Where do I need to respond to God's question: "What do you want me to do for you?" by saying, "My teacher, let me see again."?

Perhaps that is it, I just need to say those words "My teacher, let me see again." I don't know where it is that I am blind, but the fact that I don't know means that I am. Teacher, please. Please help me to see again.

See Mark 10:46-52

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palm Sunday School Lesson for Teenagers

They touched Jesus, but then, how did they pray?

Question: Multi-generational ministry