The Holy Spirit of God - 1 Corinthians 2

"Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary, pure and holy, tried and true. And with thanksgiving, I'll be a living sanctuary for you."

"When I came to you, brothers and sisters, I did not come proclaiming the mystery of God to you in lofty words or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ, and him crucified. And I came to you in weakness and in fear and in much trembling. My speech and my proclamation were not with plausible words of wisdom, but with a demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might rest not on human wisdom but on the power of God." (1 Cor. 2:1-5, NRSV)

"Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me, Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me. Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me. Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me." (Daniel Iverson)

"The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words. The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment:
'For who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct him?'
But we have the mind of Christ." (1 Cor. 2:10-16, NIV)

Lord, may your Spirit come in and fill my life, fill my body, fill my soul, and fill my home. In the areas where I am dried and whithered up, Lord bring your refreshing waters of life! Where my soul is hardened and distrustful of your lead, soften me and remind me that you are the caring Father who has wonderful things planned for His children (1 Cor. 2:9). Where my speech is stuttered and broken may it preach the living words of your testament. Where my life is careless, yet not carefree, bring order, simplicity, and joy. Where my mind wanders and my language becomes confused, may your Scriptures take hold and give me understanding. When my spirit desires to intercede but I am overwhelmed by the need, remind me that you know the details and teach me how to pray. When I am self-conscious and overwhelmed, remind me of your identity and my place in the galaxy. And when I want to do more and be in the next moment of life, gently remind me in the simple ordinary how beautiful and precious the present moment can be.

Thank you God for not forgetting me, for remaining faithful when I am faithless, and for gracing me everyday with your presence, even though the possibility of what might separate us is great. Thank you Jesus for choosing to be my friend and our Savior/Redeemer. I love you Lord and I want to remain a close, intimate friend.

Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palm Sunday School Lesson for Teenagers

Question: Multi-generational ministry

They touched Jesus, but then, how did they pray?