"The Master..."

“The Master needs them.” I never knew or understood the power of those words until the day I started my present internship. “The White House would like to…” “Master” – what power in that word, a power that seems to be missing from my life. “Boss.” So? “Minister” Yeah, well we all are. “King” There is only one.

I’m not the type of person who is impressed by a title. The President of the United States, a movie star, Martin Luther King, Jr…. the list goes on and on, but they are all still human beings with strengths and weaknesses, loves and failings, jobs, hobbies, family, friends, and a variety of roles.

Earlier today, as I sat in the Capitol, I thought, “If President Bush came up and said ‘hi!’ I think I would greet him just as I would greet anyone.” And then I am challenged to meditate only on a few verses of Scripture and to limit myself to just a few. And I read those words “The Master needs them.” How Powerful! Capital “M.” “The” definitive “Master.” Yet it is because of my belief in God being the only one worthy of such great respect, that I consider all humans to be equals. Yet, today, after witnessing the power of the words, “The White House would like to…” the words “The Master…” gains greater strength, because I have witnessed the power of a title when referencing an idea that is of far less value than the title referencing the Son of God.

If the words “The White House…” can solicit such a strong response that people who typically would be unwilling to return a phone call or answer an email all of a sudden respond, just think about how much more powerful of a response the words “The Master…” can and should have.

“The Master needs them.” What does the Master need of me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palm Sunday School Lesson for Teenagers

They touched Jesus, but then, how did they pray?

Question: Multi-generational ministry