Slowing Down - Have a lifetime to live

Today, while sitting in class, my hopes and dreams for seminary were renewed. As I listen to my classmates share about their first year MDiv experiences, I am reminded of the reasons I applied for Divinity School in the first place. Ahhhhh. What a sigh of relief to know that my hopes were not necessarily in vain.

I am really enjoying spending time with my CPE classmates thus far and really respect my supervisor. I think I have a lot to learn from him, as well as my peers. I am looking forward to seeing what all God has in store for me this summer. I hope that it is a time of spiritual refreshing and nourishment.

I also realized today some of the changes that have occurred to me this past year. I think the greatest was a shift from thinking that my life could end tomorrow and living every day as if it were my last to believing in and hoping for a lifetime of life and of the possibility of someday being a great-grandmother and dying of old age. That is a huge shift!

The shift has made it possible for me to slow down and to take the risk that I am taking now in making a slight change in route. It gives me time to think and to process what I really want in life, to once again make goals and set dreams, while at the same time freedom to not plan, because I still have tomorrow!

What a thing to be grateful for? To be able to think of life in the long term. To slow down my life pace a bit in order to rest in the moment and enjoy the breathing spaces.

I don't need to rush to get to where I am going, cause God will get me where He wants me in His time. Isn't that great!

Providence and Trust,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palm Sunday School Lesson for Teenagers

They touched Jesus, but then, how did they pray?

Question: Multi-generational ministry