80s, music, and repulsiveness

At the fitness center where I work I will often look up strange questions to ask the members in order to encourage communication and build a sense of community. I visited a website for college resident assistants and found some colorful and intriguing questions. Here are just a few with some of my personal answers. I'm looking forward to reading your responses.

What do you regard as the most repulsive form of music?

I think if someone tried to mix techno and old-fashioned country music it would be pretty repulsive.


What song reminds you most of the 80s?

Hit the Road Jack - when I lived in the 80s, it was a song my mom would sing. A lot of 70s songs remind me of the 80s, because I was living at home and spent a lot of time listening to my mom's 45s.


What is the grossest thing you've ever done in public?

At the middle school where I worked the students mixed together every item on the menu one day and served it to me. Much to the boys (yes, boys) disgust, I ate it and enjoyed it!


If you could change one thing about the way you look what would it be?

I wouldn't have dark under-eye circles.


What is the best advice you've ever received?


Don't go into ministry until you know that you couldn't possibly do anything else and continue to be adventurous even after you've followed the call to professional ministry.


What age were you when you had your most embarassing hair style? And what was it?


I think I was 8. It was a very short boy hair cut. People would think that I was my father's son, not daughter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palm Sunday School Lesson for Teenagers

They touched Jesus, but then, how did they pray?

Question: Multi-generational ministry