I'm Less Than One Moment in God's Time

I am just one day in God's lifetime. One moment in the history of moments. Psalm 09:4 reads

For a thousand years in your sight are like a day that has just gone by, or like a watch in the night.

I am not even a day, but rather a fraction of a day. Possibly, at most a tenth of a day, with my having already lived only a fourth of that or a fortieth of the entirety. And that 1/40th of a day's space that I occupy I share with countless others. Each of us wandering in our shared moment, not recognizing that we each are like a grain of sand, one of a countless many.

Yet, even though I account for nothing, I am more valuable to God than a sparrow and every hair on my head is numbered. I may be nothing, but I am somebody to God and am an instrumental skin cell to the functioning of the entire body. A cell -- that is all I am -- but I still remain significant, because God knows me and knew me as He knit me together in my mother's womb. As a cell, I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Each one of the cells that were used to knit me together was also carefully designed. Each of my cells, which are even less than my nothingness to our omni-God are meaningful. I praise Him that He is a personal God, who was willing to share his son's physical life with us for a fraction of a day in order to change all of history.

I am a cell. God is greater. Yet we know each other. Amen

Luke 12:35-39 reminds me of the saying "Do not weary of doing good."

Am I stifling God's voice?

I at times get weary of doing good - I await the day that God calls me home. And some days that day seems long off and others it seems more immediate. Help me Lord not to get drunk (on passivity) while I'm waiting. Help me to not get caught acting disobediently or not serving, but rather help me to persevere in answering Your call.

Luke 12:47-48 Jesus said:

That servant who knows his master's will and does not get ready or does not do what his master wants will be beaten with many blows. But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Acts 17:16-34 causes me to wonder how many people heard Paul - especially when at times such a small number believed. He did a fantastic job of speaking to the culture of his audience during his moment in time.

In Acts 17:26 Paul speaks:

From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Palm Sunday School Lesson for Teenagers

Question: Multi-generational ministry

They touched Jesus, but then, how did they pray?